Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > new DS708 won't program Chrysler win mod...
new DS708 won't program Chrysler win modules or fobiks? will older software work?

3357 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2017-11-20 23:47:30

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    CobraVin
    2017-11-05 21:26:23

Hi all, I just purchased a brand new MaxiDas ds708 because I saw that It could program and do more than it seems to be able to. I believe (after reading a lot here) this is because the newer software versions probably disabled these features.

I have a 2010 Chrsyler 300 that I can't do anything to sitting here that I would like to fix instead of towing to the dealership and pay out the nose to reprogram.

It seems I need older versions of the software. Is there anyplace (file sharing sites) that have any?

Or is anyone interested in swapping sd cards (which is not copying software it is exchanging legally owned products) Just like trading music cd's is perfectly legal versus copying them. my email is OVRBDGT@gmail.com if you are uncomfortable discussing in front of the Autel police, thanks.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-11-06 03:42:54 (Reply to:CobraVin)

DS708 never was able to Reflash ECMs or modules, You may have at one time been able to write the VIN to a used ECM or program (add a spare key ) but have my doubts you could do key programming after all keys got  lost and you  erased all the old keys and attempt to start from scratch.
      Unfortunately a SD card from another unit wont interchange to another.

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    CobraVin
    2017-11-06 14:27:45 (Reply to:witsend)
     Thank you for the reply, I googled "ds708 erase all keys" and found many posts from here and even video's of what appeared to be key programming so thats why I bought the unit. Maybe the older software does that? Also I'm surprised you cant get into the files and change some folders to make it compatible on a different serial number. I may return it to Harbor Freight then and get a key programmer instead since I have some cheaper code readers that get me by but I am buying some cars at auctions that have no keys and locksmiths are getting expensive.
     Do you have any recommendation for a good "key programmer" for the money? 
    Or are their other brands or Autel models that will do code scanning, bi directional and key programming all in one unit? I had the Snap On truck at my house yesterday (my best friend owns the route) so I can get some brands other that Snap On through him if I know what I need. Thanks

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    CobraVin
    2017-11-06 23:52:46 (Reply to:witsend)
     I am not looking to do ecm programming. Only key programming and to pair the win module to the car to make it start. Does anyone know if I buy a new win module that comes with keys if the DS708 will work for me?

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-11-11 16:32:31 (Reply to:CobraVin)

Why would you need to replace a WIN module to program keys unless it was broken from a previous theft attempt I think you might need to get a PIN code from dealer for anything newer than 2003? and have a LSID or be the current registered owner of the vehicle to get the PIN code.

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    LEVIDMAX

2017-11-17 14:42:49 (Reply to:CobraVin)

If you want to pull pin codes on Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep vehicles I use a SKP-900 and I also have a OBDSTAR F104 key programmer. Both work very well and I use them every day as have a mobile programming business. Now once you have the pin code you need a scan tool to replace the win module. To replace a win module you only need to install it then using a scan tool under win module functions select win module replacement. It will ask you for the pin code you enter it and the win module will perform a (handshake)process with the pcm and the vin will program into the win module. Then exit out and go back into the win module functions of the scan tool and select program key. You will enter the pin code again and program the key. Also note on that year vehicle if you replace the win module(new) you also need to replace the fobik (key). Using an old fobik on a new win module will not program. If you have to be sure ask the parts guy at the dealership to be sure. I use and old DS708 that was last updated Nov 2014 so between then and now I have heard of several horror stories regarding all of Autel scan tools with regards to their software losing functions because of lawsuits. I also have a Launch ScanPad 071 which also works very well!! The SKP-900 works on several manufacturers and the OBDSTAR F104 works just on Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep model years 2007 and newer. Hope this information helps you out.

•   Level 3   
    (85) points
    cpj14

2017-11-20 23:47:30 (Reply to:LEVIDMAX)

Thanks for sharing valuable information, I'n not in the key reprogramming business but for those who are or want to become is very important. Thanks again
  Total1 Pages